Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tonight, I am working on my report to Sister Mary Louisa and Sister Leonor from this week's meetings and information sessions. My experience here at the UN's Commission on Status of Women has renewed my fervor international development and necessity for our world to include everyone and to allow everyone to participate fully in our global society. Everyone deserves to the opportunity to give their all to the world.

It has been invigorating to listen to distinguished international representatives from all over the world use the same rhetoric and proclaim the same beliefs that have been the source of my inspirations. It is true that all people throughout the world should be viewed as agents of change. Everyone has something to give and deserves the opportunity to give it. Every single person is created individually by God and each and every person has been given and specific and distinct mission to fulfill here on Earth.

As I reflect on my day, my mission here and the purpose of my life, I am praying for the soul of Sister Rose. Sister Rose, suffered as stroke early last week and last night she passed. Today, the Sisters here held her funeral. The service was beautiful... I never thought that I come here, to participate at the UN and experience a funeral... I did not have the opportunity to meet Sister Rose, but from the stories shared by the other sisters, she seemed like a beautiful person. She enjoyed gardening and was known for maintaining the ground around the convent. When she could no longer garden, they told us that she enjoyed baking and was always happy pleasing and serving others.

During the funeral mass in the small crowded chapel, I was seated in the back row, directly in the middle of the aisle leading to the alter. Sister Rose in her coffin were directly in front of me, resting there at Christ's feet in front of the large crucifix. It was like Christ was welcoming his servant home. I thought about her devotion and commitment of her entire life to serving the Lord. I thought about the joy she must have brought to others and must have brought to him. I looked up at Christ, hanging there on the cross with his arms open and welcoming us to come to him. I was reminded of Christ's loving embrace that is always there inviting us. I was reminded that in life we are never alone and that Christ is always there to accompany us on our journey towards Him. Thinking of Christ's open arms, I pray that He help me to open my heart so that I can fully accept and experience His loving embrace. I am reminded to Trust in Him, and that through fulfilling His will, we will be fulfilled and the others around us will be too. There was a sense of joy in the room, Sister Rose lived her life with and for the love Christ...

No comments:

Post a Comment